Monday, October 13, 2008

Go Scots!

Friday night (10.10.08) we took the kids to the Caledonia vs. South Christian football game with two of our good friends, Tom and Mary! It was Justin's first game and Amber's third game (which they were both very proud of). They were very excited. We started with tailgating... Pizza, Cupcakes, Pringles, Heath Bars, Suckers, Juice Boxes and Apples...
Here is Tom and Mary (Mary's best side for the camera :) The best part is that it was her idea to go tailgating before the game, but they didn't bring a tailgate or chairs!
Here is Amber and Justin eating in the "tailgate" which they thought was totally cool. Oh yeah, and Mike and I had a chair :)
And let's see... here they are with their freshly painted hair and getting juiced up on all that sugar from those suckers! Being and Aunt is GREAT. I get to get them all sugared up and paint their hair and then drop them off at home :)
The kids took to Mary RIGHT away... they moved closer to see the best part of the game... the 1/2 time show!
The percussion group in their kilts or "skirts" as Justin called them. He also asked why all of the players were hugging (they were actually "huddling" on the field - too cute)!

This was Amber and Justin's favorite part... well this and the Cheerleaders. Amber wanted to make sure we had a picture!

So Mary, this post is dedicated to you (and Tom) a faithful BLOG reader (although you never leave any comments)...
PS: Happy 40th B-day Tom! I hope it was a blast.
Oh yeah... and finally in case you were wondering, the Scots kicked the Sailor's butts. 21-7 final score! Go Caledonia!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! We made it on a blog! I'll have to tell Tom. Great pictures of an even greater time! I noticed the very smart move of keeping my face out of all photographs. Kudos.

I'll start posting comments if that's what you want. I can always procrastinate more at work. And just so you know, I envisioned my butt sitting on asphalt the entire time I had the idea of tailgating. : ) Thanks for a great Friday.

MikeandLynette said...

I do love comments... that way I KNOW people are reading my posts!

We had fun too. Amber is very excited about basketball season too, so we'll have to get a date on the calendar for that.

We should get together again... have some steaks on the grill, a Margarita bucket and play some Euchre.

Thanks again for going. We had a blast.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good idea to me. I won't turn down a margarita bucket.

We'll be at a lot of basketball games this winter, so I'm sure we can do something.

-Mary