How much fun are free pumpkins? Amber, Justin, Mike, Grandma Harry, Grandpa John, Bernie and I ventured out to the pumpkin patch right after church on Sunday so that the kids could carve their pumpkins before "THE BIG PARTY" that night. Then we all (Hayride goers) went back in the evening... there were plenty of pumpkins to go around... the pictures of the two trips are all mixed together...
Mike and I... what a happy couple.
The first time we went, we didn't take the tractor/trailer... who needs it when you have Uncle Mike with a wheelbarrow? ...and be sure to notice Black Jack making a guest appearance... and yes, for those of you who are wondering the kids are outside on my watch without coats and Amber is even in her PJ's... I swear, they said they were warm enough and didn't want jackets... what is an aunt to do? :)
Seriously... what a good uncle.

Amber's final choice (they were each allowed to choose 1 for carving purposes)... stay tuned for IT to be turned into a Jack-O-Lantern...

Oh, did I mention the long standing Casto tradition that they have to be able to pick it up or choose a smaller pumpkin... I think she passed the test!
Here is the one Justin wanted... because he didn't want to scoop the "guts" from a big one! But just wait, Grandpa John convinces him to get a bigger one... notice how all of the boys are wearing their flannel lined shirts... just like real farmers!


And it DID get carved into a Jack-O-Lantern... he even scooped "the guts" out mostly by himself this year.
Just because she could pick it up doesn't mean she could carry it... so here is a view of my "better side" helping her load it into the wheelbarrow.
And now for some of THE FAMILY choosing their pumpkins...
Dad B who chose this one and a green one.

Laura (is that a smirk) and Justin... who says a kid can't have 3 pumpkins to call his own in one year?

Here is Lisa, who also picked a green pumpkin and Justin (stopping long enough to flash a smile for the camera) - notice that mom is here now, so he is wearing a coat!

So, that is it... tomorrow will be Jack-O-Lanterns (Sara, I know you can't wait)... and hopefully next week I will have some pictures of them in their FABULOUS costumes :)






1 comment:
you best leave my pumpkin outta the pictures.......I won't be a very happy friend AT ALL!!!!!!
Post a Comment