Today Uncle Vince (Mike's dad's younger brother) went home to be with the Lord. After a long battle with cancer he passed away this afternoon surrounded by his wife and two sisters. Vince was a fun-loving guy. May we all find comfort knowing that he is no longer suffering... Laura and Vinny, our prayers are with you.
Here is Vince with that mischevious smile he was notorious for...
Above is Vince with his wife Laura, and son Vinny.
Finally, from left to right is Laura, Vince, Mike's Dad and Aunt Sue.
Psalm 118:6-14
6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?
7 The LORD is with me; he is my helper.
7 The LORD is with me; he is my helper.
I will look in triumph on my enemies.
8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in man.
9 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
9 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in princes.
10 All the nations surrounded me,
10 All the nations surrounded me,
but in the name of the LORD I cut them off.
11 They surrounded me on every side,
11 They surrounded me on every side,
but in the name of the LORD I cut them off.
12 They swarmed around me like bees,
12 They swarmed around me like bees,
but they died out as quickly as burning thorns;
in the name of the LORD I cut them off.
13 I was pushed back and about to fall,
13 I was pushed back and about to fall,
but the LORD helped me.
14 The LORD is my strength and my song;
14 The LORD is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.
2nd Corinthians
1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.




No comments:
Post a Comment