So Mike and I have had a pretty exciting month. As of yesterday Mike put his two week notice in at Borisch. He has accepted a job at Alticore (otherwise known as Amway), which is very exciting. The only downfall is that he will have to work 3rd shift :( So that will be a HUGE adjustment for both of us. He is very excited about the opportunity though. Not only will he work 2 miles from home, but they are going to train him on PLC's which he is excited about. He is always wanting to learn new things so this is an excellent opportunity for him...
- Other than that, as you know, we purchased our house and have been living there for about a month now. Still loving it! I personally love to walk around in the yard to see all of the green buds popping out as SPRING approaches! We are 80% unpacked and it actually feels like we are going HOME when pulling up the drive now!
- So other than that, Mike got a "New-Old Truck" as I like to call it. New to him, but definitely not new. It is a 1999 Dodge Dakota and he LOVES driving it. I took some pictures, but they are stuck in my camera and I can't get them out... maybe I'll have some time to work on it this weekend.
- Oh yeah, and as if a new truck wasn't enough for Mike, we also bought a new Quad. An Arctic Cat 700. Which is almost as big as my Focus. Mike likes to think that the Quad belongs to him, but in all actuality it is MINE! If he gets a truck, I should be able to have the Quad. Right? :) Below are some pictures of the Quad. Although I took some pictures of Mike with that too, they are also stuck in my camera:(
- That's right, it even has a 60" plow, which we totally NEEDED since we have such a long driveway now! Sometimes when I am cooking dinner, I'll hear Mike FIRE-IT-UP and go for a ride... then I'll see him go tearing down the driveway and just drive away into the woods. He is such a happy camper. He especially loves to pull logs with it (just for fun) and see if he can get it stuck (which is nearly impossible since it is 4x4)!
- Next week is Mike's Birthday... he'll be 27 on April 15th! WOW, what an old man. Although he wants to have a nice quiet evening, we do plan on throwing a "Kegger" this summer (possible on 6.7.08) to celebrate everything that is new and exciting in our lives. It has really been exciting to see God's plan for us being revealed...
- Last but not least, I think we should get a dog (that's right, me the non-dog lover)...
I found Harry and fell in love... What do you think? Will Mike go for it? He said no "Ankle Biters" and no puppies... well Harry is a big boy and is 10 months old and house broken... he is currently in a shelter and needs to find his "Forever Home." I know I would feel much safer at night if Harry was there to keep me company when Mike is on 3rd...
So that is it, our lives updated on the BLOG!





No comments:
Post a Comment