Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor Day Was Meant For Labor

"Labor Day was meant for labor." ~ Mike Battaglio
We spent Labor Day staining the new front porch. 5 hours of working together on a big project... revelation... Home improvement projects could lead to divorce when the marriage isn't built upon the "rock!" Lucky for us we have a firm foundation in both our marriage and under our new front porch.
Not bad, eh? Although Mike still has a lot to do, it is coming along VERY nicely. I am so proud of him. He even started siding already! Next step: Put up the railing :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely fantastic. It's gorgeous. I love the color of the stain!

-mary

MikeandLynette said...

Thank you. Did you notice the front door is blue now too! Lookin' good!

Laura said...

This looks absoulutely amazing. I noticed your handy work of the second coat of stain right away! I am so proud of MIke and you for all of your hard work! Hey can he build me one of those gliders too????