Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sledding

Addi and Amber got to come up and spend the weekend with Mike and I (Justin was sick). Mike has been dying to pull someone... anyone behind the quad in a sled... so what better time than when the girls came up? Addi wasn't so sure about her marshmallow outfit. She just sat very still... I think she was wondering what her crazy Aunt and Uncle were up to ;)

All was going well, the kids were laughing, Mike and I were having fun... and then he towed us down a hill and into a snow bank. Poor Addi. The snow piled up on top of her and she looked something like the abominable snowman. She kept her cool though. No tears.

Amber and I thought it was hilarious. We couldn't stop laughing.This is after we got her brushed off... no worries, she was smiling again as soon as Mike got us moving again.I was snow covered and had achy muscles in places that I didn't even know I had muscles. It is hard work balancing in a sled and holding a baby. Once Addi and I had enough, we unloaded and Mike took Amber out for some "fast and crazy" rides. I think the fresh air wore Ad out. She slept for almost 3 hours once we got back in the house.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So adorable!

laura said...

oh, her first sledding experience!!!! I guess there wasn't a hat in the diaper bag, Huh!

MikeandLynette said...

Nope, I could not find a hat. But no worries. She was plenty warm! I was down right HOT with all of my gear on!