So, after basketball, the kids and I grabbed some Wendy's ($2 each, that is all they could spend - they struggled with no kids meal). Justin chose to have two double cheeseburgers with his $2 and he ate both of them. AMAZING. After lunch, we headed to my folks house to decorate for the party the next day and do food prep. 1-3pm decorate, cook, bake, stir, fight over who gets to put up what streamers etc. But mission accomplished. All of our tasks for the next day's festivities were complete and we still had time for bowling. Yes, I said it, we went bowling. After stopping home to pick up Uncle Mike we headed back out to bowl.I would like to add, Justin won the first game, I won the next two (I was the queen of spares) Amber and Uncle Mike never won, but they had fun and they loved eating the bottomless basket of popcorn ;)






By 5:30 we are all hungry and tired. Rather than making the nourishing dinner of chicken, asparagus, corn, baked potatoes and biscuits, we headed to JETS (best pizza ever) for one large pepperoni pizza (one slice without cheese) and cheesy JETS bread (only 1/2 without cheese, please). 6pm: dinner consumed. Now what? I promised the kids they could stay up late (8pm) even though we could hardly hold our heads up. What to do? Mike has an idea: time killer/male bonding time PS3. What a lifesaver. Amber took a shower.
7pm: Amber and I are tired of watching the boys play PS3. We convince them to have a family game night with us... one rousing game of Yahtzee coming up right after Justin takes his shower (bowling is disgusting... showers are required).







By 5:30 we are all hungry and tired. Rather than making the nourishing dinner of chicken, asparagus, corn, baked potatoes and biscuits, we headed to JETS (best pizza ever) for one large pepperoni pizza (one slice without cheese) and cheesy JETS bread (only 1/2 without cheese, please). 6pm: dinner consumed. Now what? I promised the kids they could stay up late (8pm) even though we could hardly hold our heads up. What to do? Mike has an idea: time killer/male bonding time PS3. What a lifesaver. Amber took a shower.
7pm: Amber and I are tired of watching the boys play PS3. We convince them to have a family game night with us... one rousing game of Yahtzee coming up right after Justin takes his shower (bowling is disgusting... showers are required).7:40pm: Yahtzee is over (Mike kicked our booties - 3 Yahtzees in one game - are you kidding me? The kids brush their teeth. And in case you are wondering they are using Agent Blue Listerine... the pre-brush. That is why their teeth are SO blue!

7:55pm we all snuggle in Justin's bed for a bedtime story from our Visit with God book and prayer time. 8pm the kids are out. 8:02pm I am almost ashamed to admit that Mike and I are in bed too. What can I say? We all need a good nights sleep for Earle's party the next day!

7:55pm we all snuggle in Justin's bed for a bedtime story from our Visit with God book and prayer time. 8pm the kids are out. 8:02pm I am almost ashamed to admit that Mike and I are in bed too. What can I say? We all need a good nights sleep for Earle's party the next day! 
1 comment:
Wow that was one fantasticly busy day. How fun!!!
Post a Comment