Let's start at the very beginning. For those of you who don't know, Mike and I along with both of my parents traveled down to Gallipolis Ohio and across the river to West Virginia over the course of 5 days. The trip was fabulous... It is always good to see family and have a "good ol' time down on the farm!" We got to the farm around 2pm on Saturday. We had a fabulous dinner and took a tour of the land... here are some pictures from day 1 & 2... day 3 was definitely the most exciting :)
You will never know or understand the true meaning of "Southern Hospitality" until you get to experience it for yourself. These people are the kindest, most loving and fun people we have ever met and just "kicked back and had a good time with!" Thank you for that ~ Jividen Clan!
Wayne (the dad of the Jividen Clan and an astouning 76 years old) gave me a personalized tour on his newest "toy" and it allowed for me to have some great photo ops of him and Mike... who were the best of buds by the end of the trip... here is Wayne waiting on me to get in so that we can go!
Mark (the cowboy - and Wayne's son) getting the Quad fired up for Mike to take on the tour.

Wayne's deer stand... very classy, but apparently it does the trick! He told Mike it was his to use anytime he wanted... I think we may take a trip down next year during bow season?!?!

Wayne's deer stand... very classy, but apparently it does the trick! He told Mike it was his to use anytime he wanted... I think we may take a trip down next year during bow season?!?!
And me... I would prefer the four legged toys vs. the ones with four tires :) It was very cold down there for being as far south as we were and the time of year it was. But Mark saddled up "Grandpa" so that I could take him for a spin. Wayne even rode him. That man is amazing. You would never guess he is 76. I guess that is what the fresh air and the farm life can do for ya.
Stay tuned... tomorrow I will have pictures of "Mike's Adventure" and our day trip over to WV to see where my dad spent his summers and tour where Wayne wen to school, old cemeteries, etc.






2 comments:
AWE it looks like you guys had some fun.. You look like a natural on the horse.. Was that a family members farm?
We had so much fun. I am pretty sure Mike would move there. He loved it (well, so did I). Yes, they are my dad's relatives, but very distant. But down there that doesn't matter much. Everyone is family :)
Post a Comment