What is the Peabody Duck March you may ask? Well, here is a link to the hotel site to perhaps explain the tradition of the Duck March better than I could.
But in short, it is a tradition at the hotel in Little Rock to "March" the ducks on red carpet from their "Palace" on the roof to the indoor fountain. The ducks march in at 11am and back out at 5pm. The Duck March draws HUGE crowds upwards of a couple hundred people on a daily basis. My new friend Jennifer and I went to watch the ducks one evening in Little Rock.
So here is how it all starts... when we got there the ducks (there were 5 total, 4 females and 1 male) swimming in the fountain.
The the DUCKMASTER comes out, talks about the ducks, pushes the red carpet staircase up to the fountain and then "shoos" them out of the pond, down the red carpet...
into the elevator,
and then into the Duck Limo...
...and then where they spend the night... The Duck Palace (although I think it is more of a shack on top of the roof)!
As you can tell, this is quite the money maker... I even bought a shirt!
Oh yeah, and here is the top of the hotel... it lights up at night :)













1 comment:
That looks fun....I like the duckies.
Post a Comment