Amber and Justin are back to school ALREADY. How sad. School starting means that summer is coming to a close once again. As I have said MANY times, I LOVE being an aunt. One of my favorite traditions is that I take the kids shopping for their first day of school outfit every year (thanks P&L for letting me do this cool "aunt thing" with them) & this year was no exception!
Amber being 10 and all LOVES it... she tries on outfits for an hour or so and then once she makes her final selections... we accessorize :) We spend hours at the mall and even take a break for a snack... Justin... well, being an 8 year old boy... it is a little different. He still likes to go, but he picks out one outfit (usually pre-determined.... this year for instance, he wanted shorts and a shirt with words on it), tries it on (begrudgingly) and then wants to get a snack (chocolate preferably).
Spending time with them one-on-one is something that I cherish and love to do. This is just a good excuse for me to do it... Mike even lets me spend the $$$ without complaining (yay)!
So here are some of their back to school pictures from their first day (8.11.09). 



Aren't they just adorable?

No comments:
Post a Comment