Friday, June 5, 2009

Up North

Ah, sigh, cottage season has officially begun. I was full of hope and wonder as Mike and I made the trek (all of 20 minutes) to Mom and Dad B's cottage for the first time of the season. You see, I love going up there, vegging out, watching Mike fish, taking long walks, sitting by the fire... you know, cottage stuff. So, I was nearly devastated when so many things went wrong on our venture Northward. To start the evening off, traffic was HORRIBLE and I got home almost 1/2 hour late... only to find Mike in his own personal battle with some ants that had decided our home should be their home. A whole can of ant spray later and some foam in a can to seal up a crack (or two) and he was convinced the problem was under control so we could head North. So he goes to hook the trailer to Crusty Rusty and can't find the pin anywhere. So now we have to add another stop... Tractor Supply, here we come. However, before we can reach TS or even the end of our street for that matter, Earle threw up in the backseat of the truck. Lovely. So once we hit TS, Mike gets his pin and I take Earle and head to the bathroom for a stock of paper towel. Once we finally get up North, the dog is bad. I have a drink (or two) and Mike is crabby because so much has gone wrong when all we were trying to do is have a nice QUIET evening at the cottage for dinner. Here are some pictures.
Dad & me ~ very happy.

Al and Me ~ also very happy.

Mike and Me~ I am very happy. He is slightly irritated with my self-photos.

Al and Mike... chillin' around the fire.
Dad and Earle. Dad is still very happy (and quite stylin' might I add).


Oh yes, and then to top it all off, I shut my camera in the truck door on the way home, shattered the screen and Mike would not speak to me! Ah, sigh... I was still quite happy though. Hopefully next time our trip will be slightly less eventful and perhaps on a weekend! Getting up for work on Thursday was simply NO fun.

No comments: