As another Christmas is upon us so are those oh, so familiar traditions. For years now, I have gone to help Mike's mom make Cannolis. What is a Cannoli, you may ask?!? Well, it is an Italian dessert that you have to fry up and then stuff with a cheese and mini-chocolate chip filling. We just about always get together the weekend before Christmas to tackle this project... which has undoubtedly become a FAMILY TRADITION!
Here is Mom B... doing what she does best... making a mess!

Once the dough is made (from scratch, might I add) it has to set for 15 minutes... so we wait!

And here is what they look like when they are frying. We have to roll and cut the dough and then wrap them around the dowel rods and fry them up so that they can keep their shape!
Now, I don't have pictures of the "finished product" as you can't "stuff" them until you are ready to eat them... so tonight is the night for the stuffing of the Cannolis!


No comments:
Post a Comment